bogus ASNs

Lee Howard lhoward at uu.net
Thu Dec 7 09:39:51 EST 2000

Here's the summary of the bogus ASNs reported from UUNET. . .

AS64621 has been withdrawn, and the originator will be applying for a
real ASN from ARIN.

AS5757 is an old ASN assigned by ARIN for test purposes, but not maintained
in ARIN's whois database.  The contact for that ASN produced documentation
from ARIN permitting its use.

AS2027 is not directly connected to UUNET, but we have reason to believe
that its use is a similar case to AS5757.

Thank you for warning us about these cases.  We will continue to work to
be the best Internet citizen we can be.

Sincerely,

Lee Howard