[ppml] Path forward on 2006-1

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Apr 25 04:52:56 EDT 2006

> I'd like to hear more from the staff about that need.

As far as I am concerned, none of the ARIN policies
limit staff activities unless they explicitly state
that they do. The RS agreement and NDA is the document
that governs what ARIN staff can request from applicants.

The RS agreement explicitly states:

   Evaluation may require additional documentation to support
   the application such as, but not limited to, ...

And ARIN will sign a non-disclosure agreement relating to
the information submitted to support an application.

We really should keep these two issues separate and
not muddy the waters. On the one hand it is suggested
that we change the policies regarding the PUBLISHING
OF THE WHOIS DIRECTORY. On the other hand, there is some
talk about how changes to the RS agreement should be handled.

The PUBLISHED WHOIS DIRECTORY has always contained a
subset of the information that is given to ARIN. Nothing
new about that.

--Michael Dillon