What will be the result!

D.MAVROPOULOS dm at exanium.com
Sun Sep 10 16:17:00 EDT 2000

Eventually everyone that will need IP allocation will get it with better documentation and stronger potential proves (I assume it will be that way)

1) ARIN would never deny IP allocation if you have a plan that shows HTTP hosting accounts in which:

    a) 30% of your hosting accounts use SSL
    b) 3%-5%  require IP Restrictions to communicate with their server or website
    c) 10% of existing accounts have the need for SSL .

2) SMTP hosting accounts require Unique IP. You can't use the same IP address for different companies.

So why is everybody is worried?

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE LOOSING BUSINESS OR WILL LOOSE BUSINESS BECAUSE ARIN DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE IPs?

Lets face it.  We have to live with the new policy, and ARIN should live with the overhead of every individual hoster that needs more IP addresses and will no hesitate to create any posible scenario in order to fulfill his/her needs.

In the end there is always a solution.

Dimitrios Mavropoulos
VP of IT Department
    Exanium Co