Search Engines/IP restrictions/policy changes

Clayton Lambert Clay at exodus.net
Fri Sep 8 17:15:05 EDT 2000

As the oversight group for my company, I have had the opportunity to review
thousands of log files for browser hits.  As such, I am comfortable to say
that an extremely small percentage of legitimate non-HTTP1.1 browser hits
occur...less that 2% is a pretty reasonable number.  This rare occurance of
older browser hits is one of the reasons that I think non-HTTP1.1 browser
clients is not an accepable reason for burning large portions of IP address
space.

Clayton Lambert
Exodus Communications