IP Space

Herpin, David P. DHerpin at c3com.com
Mon Oct 23 22:55:55 EDT 2000

I think what this discussion is about is a policy that has been suspended by
ARIN.  Included below is the verbage I received brom ARIN.  I think it
applies to this thread.

--------------------------------------

CLIP FROM ANOTHER NOTE FROM ARIN

--------------------------------------

FYI.  I asked ARIN about their policy and how they were handling the many
providers who have SSL websites, and their reply along with my question to
them is included below.  This should address your concern about "restricting
the NEW Economy's development" below.

Here is the verbage of this web page:
http://www.arin.net/announcements/webhosting.html

Name-based Web Hosting Policy Suspended

ARIN's name-based web hosting policy that was enacted on 7 July, 2000, has
been suspended. The policy was discussed at the open public policy meeting
at ARIN VI in Herndon, VA, and included the comments made on ARIN's public
mailing lists in the months leading up to the meeting. As a result of these
discussions, ARIN's Board of Trustees suspended the policy pending further
review by a committee.

A mailing list has been established for this committee and it will be
moderated by ARIN's advisory council. The committee list is open to all
interested parties. Those interested in subscribing to this mailing list and
participating in the committee's activities may do so by subscribing to the
Virtual Web Hosting mailing list ( vwp-request at arin.net ). See
http://www.arin.net/members/mailing.htm for more information.