Address block problem

Bruce Robertson bruce at greatbasin.net
Mon Jul 31 14:31:29 EDT 2000

It was my understanding that 216.82.160.0/19 was reserved for our future
expansion past the end of 216.82.128.0/19.  I find that this block has
been assigned to someone else.  Why was this allowed to happen without
any notification?

Once again I find that I am penalized for being frugal with IP addresses.  All
of the ARIN policies are such that people who waste IP addresses are
rewarded for that behavior, and people who manage to slow their address
consumption to almost zero are penalized.  On top of that, this action just
added to fragmentation, since when I need another /19, it will now no longer
be contiguous with an existing block.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-775-348-9412
For PGP key: finger bruce at greatbasin.net