too many routes

Kim Hubbard kimh at internic.net
Wed Sep 17 14:18:37 EDT 1997

UUNET would allocate space to their downstream ISPs using the same
criteria listed in the allocation portion of RFC2050.

ISP customers are treated as ISPs - not end-users, meaning their 1
year requirement is not taken into consideration.  And I know some of
you may be thinking that this isn't right, but *most* ISPs do not know
what their network or customer base is going to look like in a year (they
know what they want it to look like) so it's better to base the
allocation size on three months.

Kim