Let us all bend over, apply the Vaseline...

Charles T. Smith, Jr. cts at VEC.NET
Thu May 1 12:36:38 EDT 1997

> Why not move some of the IP allocation functions
> for ISPs to the ISP/C ?
>
> The ISP/C is already set up. It is a non-profit 501(c)
> AND...most importantly...it has experts that can
> handle the job and that ISPs can trust...

Thanks for the vote of confidence;  the ISP/C does not have the dedicated
staff or the infrastructure to take on such a task.

The ISP/C supports the ARIN plan.  There are additional details we'd like
to see detailed in the plan, but overall, feel that ARIN is the right
direction for the industry and for our membership.

  Charles Smith
  Vice President, ISP/C