ARIN is not/is too/is not/is too... blah.

Michael Shields shields at CROSSLINK.NET
Sat Mar 29 12:26:17 EST 1997

> I've been looking at getting a fixed IP address. Every ISP that I've
> talked to that offers this that is a local call only offers a full
> class C address block -- a full 256 addresses.
>
> What does this do to the cost? The cheapest charges $80 per month.

Well, what you've just demonstrated is that there are economic
pressures on ISPs to offer /32s (as responsible ones do).  Maybe no
one in your area, but inevitably someone will.  *Especially* if the
cost of an IPv4 address rises, as it will.
--
Shields, CrossLink.