Threats of Censorship?

Jim Browning jfbb at ATMNET.NET
Wed Mar 5 20:26:18 EST 1997

There are appropriate mailing lists for almost any topic you can think of,
however that does not mean that every worthwhile topic is appropriate for
each and every list.  This list is for the discussion of the establishment
of a non-profit IP address registry.  Many of the topics Mr. Fleming seeks
to discuss are more properly dealt with in  other venues, as many people
continually point out.

I will also point out that the message you replied to (at least the message
you included in your reply) is from the ISP/C list, not from the naipr/ARIN
list, and as such has nothing to do with this list...

Please restrict your responses to the list which generated the traffic
unless it clearly belongs on a *different* list.  Cross-posting is
generally a bad thing...You are wasting people's time...
--
Jim Browning

----------
From:  steve[SMTP:usdh at mail.ccnet.com]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 05, 1997 4:52 PM
To:  naipr at arin.net
Subject:  Threats of Censorship?

Ray,
        It seems that Mr. Fleming brings up issues which relate to the
discussion on a "macro" scale.  If the discussion is purely "micro" then it
should be stated as such.  Censorship, or "filtering" of viewpoints which
are thought provoking, seems to smack of Albanian-style cyber-crackdowns.
(Do you support President Sali Berisha in Tirana's reforms?  They are 1)
curfew with 'shoot to kill' orders (elminate all non-governmental ideas) on
anyone congregating in groups greater than four, 3) censorship or
"filtering" of the press.
        I would hope that an informative list like ARIN would be inclusive
of all viewpoints.  That is the spirit of diversity which Internet is best
at fostering.

        Dr. Stephen J. Page (510-227-1650)