The latest

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 25 11:17:53 EDT 1997

Jerry,

Jerry Scharf wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I don't think anyone doubts that you have to put IP adddresses in A records
> for DNS forward zones. What everyone doubts is that there is any linkage
> between ARIN's MANAGEMENT of ALLOCATION of IP addresses and anything related
> to forward zone management, IAHC or the rest. It doesn't matter to any debate
> on DNS names whethter you get new addresses from ARIN, RIPE, APNIC or already
> have them in hand.

  I do not argue the point here that you make in putting IP records in
"A" records for DNS forward zones.  That is of course a givin. and i
have
in my previous post already acknowledged that.  If you read my post
closely.  So now I have repeated myself one more time for clarity.

  You are correct that itdoesn't matter where get new addresses.
Afain No argument

> For the in-addr.arpa zone, there is the necessary installation and management
> of NS records for delegation. This has worked successfully for years and no
> one that I know sees any problem with how it works.

  How this works currently is correct.  How it will work in the near
future is a hourse of a diffrent breed.  One of the points I made
previously in my post.  And this is one of the points that I think
is critical.

> So now that it is said, what linkage do you want to see between how ARIN does
> business and issues/changes to DNS.

  Now your floor.  >;)

> Jerry

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com