The latest

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 25 09:25:44 EDT 1997

Jawaid,

Jawaid Bazyar wrote:

> >Jon wrote:
> >> How are they "irrevacably" related?  How are they related at all?
>
> At 01:08 PM 6/25/97 +0100, Jeff Williams wrote:
> >  The relationship is obvious.
>
> Other than the fact that a domain name is mapped to an IP address (but
> could just as easily be mapped to something else..), how are they
> "irrevocably related"? If this is all you're talking about, please explain
> how the allocation of IP addresses affects how the DNS system works.

  First of all, let me say this is not a place for me to give a class.
I am not trying to be evasive by answering your question by that
comment, it is just not feasible to do so in any meaningful manner on an
E-Mail forum.  I think you can understand that.  In addition I give
classes
all over the world on these matters as part of my living, so as you
might
immagine, I am not really highly motivated to do so here at any rate
on pro bono basis.

  You also half answered your own question.  Becouse Domains names
are mapped in the current structure to IP addresses.  No you also say
that they could also be mapped to something else.  True enough, they
could.  But that infrastructure is not in place and would require at
least quite a bit of development and R&D to put some other structure of
this diversity into place.  My question to doing this would be simply,
WHY?  Is this really worth the effort?  I think not at this time.
But possibly at some future date.

  So, otherwise you have, as I said half answered your own question.

NEXT!

> --
>  Jawaid Bazyar              |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
>  Interlink Advertising Svcs |   for Small Business
>  bazyar at hypermall.com       |   P.O Box 641               (303) 781-3273
>  --The Future is Now!--     |   Englewood, CO 80151-0641  (303) 789-4197 fax

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com