Forcible reclamation?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Tue Jul 8 13:29:19 EDT 1997

At 11:03 AM 7/8/97 -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:

>The existing space is adequate for a *long* time, provided that we do
>reasonable things with it.
>
>If we start to run out, we can go take back all the people's space who
>haven't met even 20% of the current requirements (ie: actual utilization
>below 10% of allocated) -- that should reclaim all of the existing Class "A"
>addresses, which is 1/4 of the total allocated, and 1/2 of the total
>possible IPV4 space.

If I understand you correctly, you would move to reclaim, say, a /8 with 0%
utilization before a /16 with 0% utilization before a /19 with 33%
utilization, correct?

---
Larry Vaden, founder and CEO                       help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net>    direct line 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland           fax 903-868-8551
Member of ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                       pager 903-867-6571