US CODE: Title 15, Chapter 1, Section 2.

David Schwartz davids at WIZNET.NET
Fri Jan 31 14:21:29 EST 1997

	The representation is that such addresses will be globally
unique, that is, not conflict with any other addresses released by ARIN
or any of the other regional registries authorized by IANA to assign IPv4
address space.

	The assurance of routability comes from a simple principle: When
/24's were assigned and considered routable, thousands of them were
issued. No one is going to pick your /24 out of the pile to filter. If you
want to sell Internet access, you can't be implementing a policy that
makes a significant fraction of the Internet unreachable to your
customers, regardless of the beneficial consequences for your routers.

	So you can be reasonable assured that a block allocated by ARIN,
Internic, APNIC, or RIPE that is routable today will remain routable for
awhile.

	If you want to attack what you think is a monopoly, it's really
IANA you should be attacking. ARIN is simply the transfer of some of
Internic's present duties to a new body. So can we get this off this
list, please?

	DS

 Jeane L. Dixon,  world renowned psychic,  died Saturday (1/25) at age 79.
 There was almost  universal  sadness  and lament  throughout  the world of
 celebrity psychics.   Contacted at her home,  Dionne Warwick's spokeswoman
 said that "[Miss] Warwick is beside herself -- none of us expected this to
 happen".