another org to give money to?

John LeRoy Crain John.Crain at RIPE.NET
Tue Jan 28 09:06:23 EST 1997

 Dan Rothstein <dan at mc.net> writes:
 * Is it really necessary to develop another orginization to collect money?
 * The registration process as it stands works fine. My company will be
 * registering 700 domains this year at a cost of $150.00 per 2 years. That
 * means I will be sending you $70,000. Now you want more? This is absurd!
 * You are hosting DNS. If you pursue this course of action I will be
 * recommending all our customers dump their .com and use another domain
 * server.

Hmm.. Did you read the ARIN proposal?

This is about registering IP numbers, not domains. The reasons why
it can't continue being handled in its present manner have been
discussed at length on this list, please read the archives.

John Crain