question about in-addr.arpa

Brett L. Hawn blh at NOL.NET
Mon Jan 27 12:05:53 EST 1997

   the initial address space allocation. The subscription fees will
   include inverse addressing (in-addr) service, updates, and
   maintenance.

this isn't very descriptive, perhaps it should be re-written to say
in-addr.arpa _delegations_ rather than being so easy to misread. I
understand that all they intend to do is the delegation of in-addr.arpa but
its very easy to look at that and say 'what? so they're going to charge me
to do what my .rev files already do?' I'll grant that my snipe at MCI was
off topic (I vent now and then *chuckle*) but the fact remains that this is
easily misread.

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Jerry Scharf wrote:

> please folks, lets keep this on topic. ISPs not swiping their customers are
> way out of bounds.
>
> Jerry

[-]                Brett L. Hawn (blh @ nol dot net)                       [-]
[-]                Networks On-Line - Houston, Texas                       [-]
[-]                           713-467-7100                                 [-]