ARIN Proposal

Karl Denninger karl at MCS.NET
Sat Jan 25 16:11:01 EST 1997

> At 12:41 PM 1/23/97 -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
> >Again, I'm not arguing that END CUSTOMERS should be able to take /24s with
> >them!
> >
> >Please, folks, read what I'm writing here, not what you're assuming.
> >
> >I'm talking about *ISPs*, not end customer attachments.
>
> So you are in effect arguing that /you/ shouldn't have to renumber if you
> change a vendor relationship, but your customers should.  (Hey, don't let
> them lock me into a contract with my vendor but lets make sure it sucks for
> my customers if they try and leave me.)  Makes sense.  Can we move this to
> PAGAN or PIARA or somewhere where it is more appropriate?
>
> Justin Newton
> Network Architect
> Erol's Internet Services

No, that's not what I'm arguing.  READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN.

If *I* change a vendor relationship, whether or not *I* have to renumber
should depend on what I negotiated in the FIRST PLACE.

However, if *I* change a vendor relationship, the people downstream from
*ME* should not have to renumber.

If they do, then that operates to restrain trade by forcing me NOT TO change
that vendor relationship.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal