I see the Web page has been updated today..

Alec H. Peterson ahp at HILANDER.COM
Sat Jan 25 13:58:49 EST 1997

On Jan 24, 1997, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> 2) The 'self perpetuating board' problem has in fact been
> (essentially) fixed.  The only "gotcha" is that there are still a
> few "proposed" and "suggested" in there.  I expect that they will of
> course be removed as the full proposal shapes up, so I don't see any
> gotcha here.

I disagree about the problem with the board selection being fixed.
The candidates are selected by the Advisory board.  This would be
fine, except for the fact that the advisory board itself is still
selected by the board of trustees.  Still, the membership has no
direct say in the election of any of the board members (trustees or
advisory).  This is hardly fixed.

Alec