hrmm

John Curran jcurran at BBNPLANET.COM
Sat Jan 25 11:55:24 EST 1997

At 9:21 1/25/97, Brett L. Hawn wrote:
>So I'm sitting here reading where Gabriel Battista clains that NSI has lost
>money with Internic the past 2 years in a row and I'm wondering to myself
>about several things:
>3: Should we allow someone this incompetent to have _any_
>   say so in something as crucial as ARIN?

I'd like to point out that the "default game plan" with
respect to address assignment is that NSI will continue
to perform this function unless consensus (and funding :-)
is reached very shortly on an alternative like ARIN.

If you have a desire to see less NSI involvement, then one
good start would be to come to closure on a proposal which
(while not perfect) can at least enjoy a wide base of support.
This base needs to include ISP's (large and small), end-users,
IANA, I***, _and_ NSI (since they have a legitimate interest
in this matter due to existing agreements).

/John