ARIN Proposal

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Thu Jan 23 01:50:27 EST 1997

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> There is another flaw in this analogy:  there is an announcement, a
> parallel-operation period where *both* Area Codes are valid, then the final
> cut-over.

> With IP numbers, you don't have any of those options, as I've mentioned in
> what should have been a prior rock.

Actually, you can do this. The downside, of course, is that you have to
pay for both the old T1 and the new T1 at the same time. And if one of
your providers screws up and accidentally routes all their traffice down
your T1 line your system will very likely send it out to the net down the
other T1 creating a very inefficient bottleneck. Of course this last is
not too likely but I have seen it happen.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049