ARIN Proposal

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at CORP.IDT.NET
Wed Jan 22 09:38:06 EST 1997

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:
> >       I think it's a technical fact of life.
> >
> >       If you move, you have to notify your friends, change your mailing
> > address everywhere it appears, change your phone number, maybe drive
> > further to work, and so on and so forth. Is this grounds for an action
> > against your landlord?
> >
> >       DS
>
> That's not the analog here.
>
> If you move, *I* don't have to change *MY* phone number.
>
> Its not the direct effects (which we can all agree are properly contractual
> matters) -- its the INDIRECT damages which are the problem and give rise to
> a tying arrangement argument.

But if your area code changes, you do have to change your phone number.
Seeing as you are from Chicagoland, you should be very familiar with this
Karl.  I would love to see someone try to sue the telcos over that.  :)

Jeremiah

      ________
      \______/                  Jeremiah Kristal
       \____/                   Senior Network Integrator
        \__/                    IDT Internet Services
         \/                     jeremiah at hq.idt.net
                                201-928-4454