Reject the NAIPR

The Innkeeper the_innkeeper at sols.net
Tue Jan 21 04:15:50 EST 1997

I WILL adress EVERY question to you in Public from this point on since you
have such a hard-on for AOP!!!!!  I guess me and you will not be friends
and will be combatants:-)...I find it interesting that you state that this
is YOUR ballgame.....So I guees me and you are playing ball now
Mike.....Not a safe thing to do bubby....I can get REAL mean and Nasty with
my HillyBill attitude and the such...Of course most of us folks in the
hills tend to be be ignorant!!!....I suggest me and you take this outta the
list and get personal if this is what you wish........

----------
> [...]
> has never taken the time to learn how the Internet works even though it
> has been a couple of years since they shifted their focus from BBS sysops
> to ISP's.
>
> If this group of people on this mailing list cannot come to a rough
> consensus on how the IP allocation function for North America can be
moved
> into the hands of the private sector, then there will be no ARIN. It's
> that simple.
>
> My advice to anyone who has a criticism of the next draft ARIN proposal
is
> to never shoot down any point for which you cannot at least provide a
> written rationale and, ideally, and alternative scenario or alternative
> wording. This list is not for trashing proposals, it's for creating
> proposals. In particular, many of the criticisms were both virulent and
> vague. The writers seemed to assume that we should all just magically
> understand where they are coming from. However, if they truly want to
> represent their constituency, they will have to spell out where they are
> coming from so that all of us can understand and appreciate their
> position.
>
> And if we can all get on with that sort of productive work then I would
> expect the individuals involved to to answer more questions in public and
> we can fully see and participate in the process for working out the next
> draft and the next and so on until we have a final consensus.
>
> > Based on my experience with things of this ilk, updating and expanding
the web
> > page should be "job one."  And not just for Kim, who I suspected is
under
> > excessive pressure as is, but by a dedicated team of "volunteers" from
the
> > core team of those who claim to understand what is going on.
>
> Definitely. It is asking too much of Kim to do a full time job running
the
> current registry and then to also do the whole job of hashing out ARIN.
> I'd like to point out that in a similar recent process run by the IAHC,
> they had a person who was acting as librarian and webmaster to ensure
> that their website was up to date. Even if it involves paying a
> subcontractor, this would probably be a good idea. For instance there is
> an ARIN FAQ that is still not on the website and the mailing list archive
> is still not available at ftp://rs.internic.net/archives/NAIPR/ although
> decent web archive would be a better idea and make it more accessible to
> most people.
>
> Nevertheless, I really cannot cast the blame on anyone. These are much
> harder problems to deal with than they appear at first because there is
no
> organization to handle them when we are at the stage of trying to form a
> new organization.
>
> Michael Dillon                   -               Internet & ISP
Consulting