ARIN Proposal

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at CORP.IDT.NET
Mon Jan 20 19:38:12 EST 1997

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, David Schwartz wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Brian Tackett wrote:
>
> > schedule, and since it is currently not possible to obtain an address
> > block smaller than a /19 (32 class C's) from InterNIC, there will really
> > be no change in this aspect for small ISP's.
>
>         This is not so. So far as I know, Internic does allocate smaller
> blocks for cases where globally unique IPs are required whether routable
> or not.
>
>         DS
You are technically correct, but the original argument was predicated on
the mistaken assumption that the small ISP would have to pay $2500 for a
/24.  I don't know of any ISP that wants to pay for non-routable
addresses.  Hell, that's what RFC1918 is for!  :) >

      ________
      \______/                  Jeremiah Kristal
       \____/                   Senior Network Integrator
        \__/                    IDT Internet Services
         \/                     jeremiah at hq.idt.net
                                201-928-4454