Good intent and somewhat competent

Brian Tackett cym at acrux.net
Sun Jan 19 20:26:09 EST 1997

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, David R. Conrad wrote:

> I'd really like to suggest we let Kim finish revising the draft
> proposal and working out real budgetary numbers -- it will make things
> a whole lot easier in the end.  Of course, I'd also like to suggest
> people stop getting into wars.  Both probably have equal likelihood

I cannot possibly be in more agreement. Having made the mistake of
actually getting out of my office for a night and a day, can you guess my
reaction on returning to see approx. 130 mails from this list alone? Yes,
Virginia, I did indeed delete them all unread. I suspect that if the
signal to noise ration here doesn't improve, much valid and insightful
commentary might be lost either by obfuscation, or simply by way of the
intelligent people unsubscribing or going into lurk mode.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE everyone, this list is for discussion of the ARIN
proposal. NOTHING else. Not wars, not the PRC, not whether Cisco is the
Antichrist, not DNS, none of those issues (while exceedingly interesting
in their proper place) has any relevancy to the topic. In addition, it's
more or less pointless to keep debating an old proposal....wait until Kim
gives us the new fodder :)