Good intent and somewhat competent

Karl Denninger karl at MCS.NET
Sun Jan 19 12:31:56 EST 1997

Vhen vendors drive BCPs and policies to protect the sale of their own
product which won't live *WITHOUT* those documents, I Don't think this is
off-topic in the least.

There's no conspiracy here -- CISCO and the backbone engineers have AGREED
IN THE PAST that the netwrok wouldn't have survived DUE TO THESE LIMITS
if CIDR wasn't adopted.

That CISCO then went on to produce TWO product lines which incorporated the
same flaw in their design is a fact.

-
--
Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
                             | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal