RIPE, High Fees and Cronyism

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Jan 19 16:57:00 EST 1997

David,

> Don't forget the legal fees. RIPE still hasn't a legal department (I
> know, domain names tend to attract more lawyers then IPs).

America has a radically higher rate of suits.  So, if we believe the RIPE
model, try to translate it to the States, and assume that some portion of
the irrational flamage here leads to some proportion of irrational suits,
ARIN's proposed fees may be too low.  Ugh.

> You forgot that RIPE even owned a corporate bike

The smoking gun at last!  So finally we have proof that the blood sucking
registries are using the lifeblood they drain from the small ISPs to fund
their luxurious excesses.  I demand that a picture of this bike be put up
on the web, so we can all see evidence of the perfidy of these running
dog capitalist (oops! wrong rant. uh ...) self-aggrandizing registries.

:-)  sorry, long running make

randy