Reject the NAIPR

Avi Freedman freedman at netaxs.com
Sat Jan 18 23:52:25 EST 1997

> And how convient of you not to point out that the large portion of the folks
> supporing ARIN stand to make _a LOT_ of money by forcing everyone to
> continue using IPv4.

I suppose you could use some proprietary Commodore-64-based routing
protocol which uses floating point node IDs and relies on parallel
processing over the serial links to the floppy drives, instead of
using the IPv4 numbers and protocols which people who support ARIN
make a _LOT_ of money on.

I'll stick with IPv4.

Or, tell me how you're going to route even more networks under
IPvwhateveryou'rethinking of...

> You must be one of those folks I thought didn't exist, we call them
> optomists. The reality of the situation is, in my opinion, that those 'fat

I guess I'm an optimist.  Not sure about being one of the optom(etr)ists.

> cats' I spoke of will simply abuse this and use it as a way to generate even
> more profit. Folks like sprint, MCI, Agis, netcom, etc, they're here for one
> reason, and one reason only, and thats to make money. Any excuse they can
> use to make more money.. they'll use. I've not been around as long as many
> of the folks around her, but I've been around long enough to watch how the
> big providers will screw you without a second thought. Any philanthropic
> dreams you may have, you can keep, but don't you believe for a second that
> it won't be abused.

Yes; it's undeniable that many out there are at it solely to make piles
of money.  Funny, though - I haven't seen many of them on this list.
Guess they're too busy worrying about how to make more money.

> [-]                Brett L. Hawn (blh @ nol dot net)                       [-]

Avi