Good intent and somewhat competent

David R. Conrad davidc at apnic.net
Sat Jan 18 23:27:35 EST 1997

Stephen,

>From the back-of-the-envelope
>calculations, I could do it for considerably less than the annual $1000 per
>committee member plus annual $2500 per allocation.  Remember, this registry
>doesn't need multiple T3s in order to do its task -- but domain name
>management does.

People who have been hanging around the Internet for a fair bit will
be a tad gun shy of low bid proposals.  The transition from SRI NIC to
GSI way back when was ... distressing.  It is very easy to
underestimate what the registries do and what they require and the
results of such underestimations have fairly serious repercussions to
the operation of the Internet.  "Choose wisely"...

Regards,
-drc