Interim drafts? (was: Advice on Organization)

Stephen Satchell satchell at accutek.com
Sat Jan 18 23:20:51 EST 1997

At 9:46 PM 1/18/97, Kim Hubbard wrote:
>Bill, yes I did say I'd have it out last week.  Sorry, I tried but
>that was when the governance issue was the main topic of conversation.
>Then it became clear that there were many that didn't understand
>other parts of the proposal, so we thought it was wise to take the
>time to clarify the entire draft.  I am more than willing to take
>the abuse for being late with the modified proposal if it means
>that when it is posted, it will help clarify the issues.

How about posting a working draft to the mailing list (not necessarily to
the Web page) and let some of the people here -- like me -- "alpha-test"
it.  If you prefer to do that with private mailings, that's OK in my book.

This is the way I'm used to dealing with ideas in the various standards
committees I sit on.  It works, and it helps to keep the flamage down to
something that asbestos can handle...

---
Stephen Satchell, Satchell Evaluations
<http://www.accutek.com/~satchell> for contact and other info