Reject the NAIPR

Paul Ferguson pferguso at cisco.com
Sat Jan 18 20:33:46 EST 1997

At 06:16 PM 1/18/97 -0600, Brett L. Hawn wrote:

>I beg to differ, in the end, the end-user will always lose, its a simple
>matter of economics. You raise my prices, I raise theirs, otherwise I go out
>of business. This might cut out alot of smaller providers (the ones who
>usually provide the best service at that) which is good for the large
>companies, but face it folks.. the end user _will_ pay, one way or another.
>All ARIN does at this point is make it next to impossible for small ISPs to
>get started, and makes the existing fat cats that much fatter.

Obviously, we'll have to agree to disagree, then. No service provider
in their right mind would needlessly escalate pricing (based on ARIN
service fees) if faced with customers leaving in droves for another
provider with more a more reasonable pricing structure, reliable
service, etc. This is not to say that some reasonable amount of
cost recovery will be applied, but the operative word here is
'reasonable'.

>Welcome to the Corporate Government you wall read about in the Cyberpunk
>novles 10 years ago.

Please -- enough with the conspiracy theories.

- paul