Advice on Dues and Fees

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at GREENDRAGON.COM
Sat Jan 18 19:23:31 EST 1997

> From: Jeremiah Kristal <jeremiah at CORP.IDT.NET>
> > > From: randy at psg.com (Randy Bush)
> > >
> > > Where are scaled 3:4, 2:3, 17:41, ...?
> > >
> > I do not understand this comment.  The scaling that you have suggested
> > would make larger blocks _less_ expensive than smaller ones.  Perhaps
> > you could be more descriptive as to why this is a desirable quality?
>
> I'm not sure that I understand the 3:4, 2:3, 17:41, x:y either, but there
> are many reasons that larger allocations should be cheaper on a per
> address basis than smaller allocations.

Yes, Jeremiah.  If you actually looked at the numbers that I gave, you
would see that is in fact done.  The scaling is the amount less "per
address" that larger blocks are cheaper than smaller blocks.  This
scaling encourages aggregation.

WSimpson at UMich.edu
BSimpson at MorningStar.com