How costs will trickle down (if ARIN goes through)

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Fri Jan 17 19:18:38 EST 1997

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> @     I dont think you are being accurate here Jim.

> BTW...several weeks ago on the IAHC list, I believe
> that Mr. Michael Dillon advised you not to talk about
> this for 2 years...can you explain what that was about
> along with your expansion on the above...?

At the time on the IAHC list there were people who were threatening to
take legal actions against Bill and against IANA if IAHC did not give them
the rights to run a domain name registry. In addition Jim Fleming was
posting messages that I considered to be mostly innuendo and outright
lies. I posted a message that attempted to clarify what had actually taken
place and I included portions of several email messages from public lists
such as domain-policy at internic.net. I felt that Bill needed to say no more
than what was already on the public record and I suggested that he should
not say anything more about it because of the vultures waiting to pounce
with their lawsuits. I did not consult with Bill on any of this nor did I
send him the advice privately. In other words, Bill has nothing whatsever
to do with what I said.

If anyone wonders why I keep answering these allegations from Fleming it
is because I have seen some evidence that members of the media are
monitoring this list and have been mislead by Fleming's words. Thus I am
attempting to provide an opposing viewpoint that, I hope, is a fairly
close reflection of reality.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049