How costs will trickle down (if ARIN goes through)

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Fri Jan 17 18:08:28 EST 1997

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> @ Obviously the answer is "no" to both of these. Your silly questions do
> @ nothing but confuse the media who are trying to understand what is going
> @ on here.

> Hmmm...this is odd...during the Top Level Domain debates,
> the IANA clearly encouraged people to submit applications,
> called meetings, and even accepted application fees...

In my opinion you are deliberately lying about this in order to mislead
people. IANA did *NOT* encourage people to submit applications for TLD's.
They did suggest that people who were concerned about being first in the
event first-com first-served was used as a deciding factor, should send in
a notice of their intention to make an application. And IANA did *NOT*
call any meetings although one of the people who was assisting IANA in
developing a TLD plan offered to meet with anyone who cared to attend and
noted publicly that such a face-to-face meeting would not make any
decisions. And IANA certainly did *NOT* accept any application fees. One
of the attendees at the abovementioned meeting placed a cheque in a sealed
envelope and slipped it into a file with notes and other documents from
the meeting. When it was revealed that this envelope containing a cheque
existed the envelope was returned to the individual without ever being
opened.

> You were one of the people that helped to confuse everyone
> by running around with this "Wizard of Oz" IANA descriptions...
>
> Do you really think that you are going to fool people this
> time around...?

People will judge me by my words.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049