Advice on Dues and Fees

David R. Conrad davidc at apnic.net
Sat Jan 18 02:14:00 EST 1997

Bill,

A clarification:

>This is different
>from both APNIC and RIPE, which assess dues based on the size (revenue)
>of the organization.  Should we adopt the APNIC and RIPE model?

APNIC's "size" differentiation is entirely self-determined, not based
on revenue.  As the APNIC community couldn't agree as to what
constituted a good metric for "size", but we realized that some
organizations would be interested/willing to pay more than others (for
whatever reason), we decided to allow the members to define their own
sizes.  At this time, we have a distribution of (about) 50% small, 20%
medium, 30% large.

Regards,
-drc