Reject the NAIPR

Mark Richmond markr at LIGHTSPEED.NET
Fri Jan 17 02:59:26 EST 1997

To Whom:

I urge you to reject the ARIN proposal.  The proposal reflects a
fundamental misunderstanding of the economics of Internet access in a
global market.  The ramifications would be severe.

While there are benefits to organization, there would be benefits here
only to the founders of ARIN.  As there is no explanation given for the
proposed fees, I can only assume that they would serve two purposes: To
enrich the licensing agency, and to force smaller operators out of the
ISP business.   Neither of these seems worthwhile.

I seriously question  the motives of anyone in favor of this proposal as it
has been explained.

Mark Richmond
CNE, AOP, CPIM
District Technology Coordinator