Your kidding right?

Avi Freedman freedman at netaxs.com
Fri Jan 17 14:08:18 EST 1997

> On Friday, January 17, 1997 7:57 AM, Avi Freedman[SMTP:freedman at netaxs.com] wrote:
> @ > As far as obtaining another /8. I imagine that you have to get
> @ > at the end of the line and apply just like all of the other numerous
> @ > registries that will be requesting such an allocation.
> @
> @ And which registries would these be?
> @
> @ > Jim Fleming
> @
> @ Avi

> You indicated that you are interested in running an
> IP Address Registry...
>
> Are you in line...?

Sure, we would love to start a registry.  But it doesn't seem that the
community is interested in having many competing registries in an area.

When I see RFPs from respected bodies, Net Access may apply.

But I suspect that a huge portion of the 'net would filter announcements from
'roguely allocated' IP space - enough to make the question of starting registries
without the blessing of IANA quite pointless.

> Jim Fleming

Avi