NAIPR Message

50 States of ARIN

Jim Fleming supposedly said:

> Can ARIN discussion list members comment on using
> 140.0.0.0 to 190.0.0.0 for 50 clones of the InterNIC
> to allocate /18 blocks to ISPs in the United States ?
>
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim,

Now I am convinced that you have really gone over the deep end.  I think
that the thousands of companies who have addresses assigned from those
blocks would go pretty much go insane if you tried to take their
addresses.

Try and look at the way classful IP addresses where allocated and hence put
in the database.  (try doing a whois on 140.X.0.0 {1<X<255} to view
reality)

If you mean IPv8 addresses feel free to give every state a /8.  In fact you
probably should allocate a /8 for every country too in anticipation of wide
scale deployment of IPv8.

--->  Phil