ARIN Comments

David Schwartz davids at WIZNET.NET
Wed Feb 26 13:43:28 EST 1997

	The simplest solution to this is to allow each registry to set
its policies as far as whose allocations is will accept. Those registries
that can solve these regional problems will get the most business.

	I'm sure that if, for example, an explosion shut APNIC down, RIPE
and InterNIC would start allocating to those who normally deal with APNIC
until APNIC could resume operations.

	Regional registries are a management convenience, not a network
convenience. One registry per backbone would be a network convenience. <G>

	DS