Please send comments...

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Wed Feb 26 11:33:59 EST 1997

On Saturday, April 26, 1997 10:13 AM, Rob Marlowe[SMTP:rob at marlowe.net] wrote:
@ >I find it inconsistent that people send me private comments
@ >about how the public ARIN discussion should operate and
@ >they do not make those comments in public when they
@ >obviously would help move the discussion forward.
@
@ Probably because anyone who disagrees with what is being proposed is
@ immediately flamed.
@ +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
@ | Rob Marlowe, System Administrator                          rob at sanctum.com|
@ | Marlowe & Associates (813)845-0893                                        |
@ | P.O. Box 1058 New Port Richey, Fl 34656-1058        http://www.sanctum.com|
@ +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
@

Here is the simple solution that I have proposed
which encompasses ARIN and other TLD issues.
I welcome comments, flames, whatever you call
people's postings.

I do not think it is appropriate to tell people to
shut up...or threaten to remove people from the list...

Folks, there is a simple solution to many of these
problems. This solution has been refined from months
and months of debates. I welcome people's comments
on this solution:

1. Keep the InterNIC prototype in place until September 1998
	when the U.S. Government's Cooperative Agreement
	ends with AT&T and NSI who are the remaining two
	companies that form what is called the InterNIC.

2. Allow companies to clone the InterNIC with the following
	Internet resources:
		1. 3 Top Level Domain Names
		2. One /8 IP Address Space

3. Encourage this cloning via forty-nine $250,000 grants from the
	National Science Foundation which would come
	from the Internet Infrastructure fund which has over
	$12,000,000 for this type of purpose.

4. Allocate one grant to each state and direct the U.S. Senators
	to work with the Governor to select THREE companies
	in each state to "outsource" a Cooperative Agreement
	similar to the ORIGINAL InterNIC plan to have IS, DS, and
	RS functions.
	As an example, the State of Virginia had...
		IS - General Atomics
		DS - AT&T
		RS - Network Solutions, Inc.
	an IS company needs to be selected there.

5. The NSF bows out in September 1998, the proud parent of
	up to 50 InterNICs which serve the U.S. and the world...

6. These 50 InterNICs then help to coordinate a world collection
	of Root Name Server confederations to provide world-wide
	stability to the entire Internet.

Thank you for your time....

--
Jim Fleming