Invisible Hands, was Re: Multihoming sites and ARIN

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Mon Feb 24 11:02:28 EST 1997

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> You are out of date. S stands for "State" and G for "Government" or "Governance".
>
> The Legacy Internet (IPv4) address space is mapped to S0.G0.
>
> This is the zero state and zero governance zone. Some people might
> call it the chaos zone.

Out of date?  When did the EDNS/IPv8 "standard" get rewritten?  Had some
time to kill last week?  I distincly remember you being laughed off
inet-access (and probably added to dozens of .procmailrc's) while trying
to gain support for your Stargate and Galaxy based DNS.

Did you change the terms so it would be more easily believed by those who
don't already know you better?

> Rather than spend your time on list dynamics, you might focus
> on ARIN and important issues such as whether ARIN will be
> allocating IPv6 addresses.

> JimFleming at unety.s0.g0 (EDNS/IPv8)

Who cares about IPv6?  The real question, obviously on everyone's mind, is
will ARIN be allocating IPv8 addresses.

:)