LET'S JUST GO AROUND

The Innkeeper the_innkeeper at SOLS.NET
Tue Feb 4 18:01:12 EST 1997

----------
> At 03:55 PM 2/4/97 -0500, Jeff Binkley wrote:
>

> >I won't disagree that the address space needs to be managed.  I believe
> >this is first an engineering question and not an organizational/economic

> >one.  I think once the engineering pieces are figured out then we can
> >move onto the organizational and economic pieces.  I think it would be a

> >mistake to use economics to force compliance to engineering rules
> >because if so done, technology will soon replace the economic pressures.

> >history has proven this.
> >

> If this were simply an engineering exercise, then we wouldn't be
> having this silly discussion. Small entities wouldn't be pestering
> the registries for addresses, they would be going to their upstream
> providers. Problem solved.
>
> - paul

A point that you may want to make note of in this thread.....MCI does not
allow you to get your initial IP allocation from them...Just a note of
interest....

Stephan R. May, Sr., Manager, Southeastern Online System Services
                   http://www.sols.net    the_innkeeper at sols.net
                     VOICE: (304)235-3767   FAX: (304)235-3772
Proud member of the Association of Online Professionals Board of Directors
                                        http://www.aop.org