[Iana-transition] NRO Proposal for consolidation of RIR regional inputs into single ICG response

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 19:55:48 EDT 2014

I don't enjoy the idea of having any member of an RIR appoint the two
non-staff appointees. I'd like to see that as a hard rule.

To be fully unambiguous, I am proposing that NGO's CRISP be amended to
include the following obligations and restrictions on appointees.

All appointees:

Must lodge their interest publicly. [On relevant publicly Read and Write
mailing lists.]
Must identify themselves and demonstrate that they are physically and
spiritually [demonstrate non-trivial ties] part of the RIR that serves them
and they intend to represent.
Must disclose all organizations, clubs and boards which they are members
of. This is meant to include current and past employers for the past 5
years.
Must substantiate their qualifications and how they are able to dedicate
the time and effort requisite of establishing a solution fitting the global
communities best interest. [On an hour / day, week basis.]

There is some verification of facts performed here.

A dice is rolled, if the selected appointee overlaps in employment or
membership (that is - a potential for the perception of cronyism is
identified) in any way with an existing appointee they are disqualified. (A
dice roll can here be substituted with some publicly verifiable source of
random bits...)

-Travis

--
Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn