[dbwg] Notification Process

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Fri Mar 7 09:27:45 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 william at elan.net wrote:

> In either case I don't think there is much interest in
> this being full POC, rather only email is really what is important, so why
> not just create special contact with 3 email fields for NT, NA, NR?

We looked at providing notification with a new email attribute as well as
defining the new POC types outlined. The new email attribute would
require:
  1. Major changes to all but the POC template
  2. Changes in the database schema
  3. Major changes in the registration software
  4. If displayed in WHOIS, major changes to WHOIS

If we use the newly defined POC types, it would require:
  1. Instructional changes to the templates to define the new POC types
  2. No changes in the database schema
  3. Minor changes in the registration software
  4. If displayed in WHOIS, minor changes to WHOIS

This comes down to whether to implement within 30 days or 180 days.

Ginny