[dbwg] Simple Reassignment POC

Whipple, Scott (CCI-Atlanta) Scott.Whipple at cox.com
Wed Feb 12 10:54:45 EST 2003

I would like to propose a slight change to the way simple reassignments are displayed in ARIN's whois.  I recently had some of our IPs listed in a black list database (ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org).  The reason that I received was that the simple reassignments in ARINs database do not have POC information.  I didn't believe this was a legitimate reason to have the IPs listed because the POC information on the parent is responsible for the simple reassignment, but this was the reason given to me.  I explained to them that this was not a requirement of ARIN and that the POCs on the parent block is actually who maintains the reassignments.  The only way to fix this problem was to change all my simple reassignments into detailed reassignments.

What I would like to propose is that when a simple reassignment is submitted the POC information listed on the parent block be imported to the simple reassignment.  So, when a query is done on a simple reassignment you will get the POC information that is responsible for the network.  The POC information that is actually displayed is the same as the parent but you do get a POC without having to do two queries.

Is there anyone out there that has had this type of problem?  Does anyone see value in making this change?

Scott