[dbwg] Portable/non-portable flags gone?

Joe Provo joe.provo at rcn.com
Mon Nov 4 09:51:12 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 02:23:25PM -0500, ginny listman wrote:
> I ran some queries against the database. There are currently 5293
> network records that have a public comment with the words "NON-PORTABLE"
> embedded. I ran the same query against the database as of conversion.
> There were 3542. Do you have a specific network that we can research?
[snip]

(For the list archive)

Ginny and I checked up on my concerns.  It looks like the specific
records with which I had issue were hosed before the DB conversion,
potentially in one of the many contact-transfars that happened during
RCN's "acquisition" years.

So
- apologies for aspersions on the DBWG folks
- word of warning to others to cache and fully validate allll fields
  before and after contact transfers.

Cheers,

Joe

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  508.486.7471
Director, Internet Planning & Design                 Fax    508.486.7610