Reassignment Proposal

Joe Provo joe.provo at rcn.com
Fri Apr 27 16:20:02 EDT 2001

[snip]
> Before Engineering proceeds, I would like to take a survey of what
> reassigment method the membership would most likely use.  We can then
> apply resources accordingly.  The choices are:
>
> SWIP
> RWHOIS
> IRR like method

IRR would be ideal, improved RWHOIS otherwise. Nothing is perfect, so
I'm not saying RIPE is, but one can observe that the RIPE combined RR
and allocation database acts to provided two pressures on the
costituents to keep the data clean. Given a stronger correlation between
address allocation data and routing registry data, hijacks and other
forms of misuse would be more readily detected as well.

Cheers,

Joe

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  508.486.7471
Director, Internet Planning & Design                 Fax    508.229.2375