[ARIN-consult] Question/Suggestion on ASN registration

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Feb 23 13:42:07 EST 2024

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for your post.  Our understanding is that you are proposing a policy to allow customers to reassign ASNs in the same way customers can reassign IP addresses. Such a proposal is best suited for consideration through the ARIN Policy Development Process (PDP).  You can submit a policy proposal to policy at arin.net using the template found here:

https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/appendix_b/

Note that policy proposals should not include details related to operational implementation or costs.

All proposals are handled according to the ARIN Policy Development Process. For more information see:

https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/.

ARIN will forward the proposal to the ARIN Advisory Council (AC). The Chair of the AC will assign shepherds who will reach out to you. The shepherds will work with you to ensure the proposal is clear and in-scope in preparation for review by the entire AC.

Thank you for your interest in ARIN Internet number resource policy, and we look forward to receiving your proposal.

Regards,

John Sweeting

Chief Customer Officer

ARIN