[ARIN-consult] Reminder on ARIN Consultation on RPKI/BGP

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Feb 14 15:25:19 EST 2024

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 12:18 PM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 12:12 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> > our goal is equitable terms and fees for all of ARIN’s
> > customers.
>
> Shouldn't ARIN's goal be maximizing the utility of its services to the
> ARIN membership? Does hamstringing global use of RPKI serve those
> members well?

So, I'm being pretty hard on John here, but I know that ultimately he
endeavors to do the things ARIN's members want done. If, like me, you
want RPKI to be useful regardless of the "equity" of ARIN's terms of
service, it would be helpful if you said so to John.

On another tangent - no one proposes (or at the least, I did not
propose) providing RPKI service to anyone for free. So you can take
"fees" out of your defense and just stick with "equitable terms."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin