[ARIN-consult] Reminder on ARIN Consultation on RPKI/BGP

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 14 14:40:18 EST 2024

> On Feb 14, 2024, at 2:25 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
> For that matter, nothing stops any of those 13 IRRs from publishing a
> trust anchor and offering RPKI services. I wonder that none of them
> do.

Bill -

The abundance of IRRs (with varying levels of authorization controls) has resulted in rather
ambiguous provenance for many route objects in aggregate system.  I.e., it would be prudent
to seek community discussion and consensus before reproduction of that “feature” within the
RPKI ecosystem.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran