Request for CLEW Input

Kim Hubbard kimh at arin.net
Wed Feb 28 07:51:24 EST 2001

Howard,

You are absolutely right that there needs to be more documentation for ISPs
to share with their customers regarding IP allocation policy.  There is
plenty of documentation from the RIR to ISP perspective but very little that
helps the end-user.  This was one of the initial goals of CLEW when it was
first created.   I believe that any documentation of this kind must include
the involvement of some ARIN member ISPs.  Perhaps one goal of the CLEW WG
meeting could be to create a committee made up of a few ISPs and ARIN staff
to begin working on this very important project.

Kim